How the District provides services for its citizens, spends money, and sets priorities has a big impact on everyday life
The input gathered through various engagement activities has informed the development of Council's vision for Sparwood to be a progressive, welcoming and livable community that takes pride in its natural resources and environment.
To achieve this vision, Council set 6 goals to support and focus the work of Council and staff towards:
- A strong local economy;
- A healthy natural environment;
- An active, involved and healthy community;
- An effective and responsible government;
- An engaged community; and to
- Encourage, promote and celebrate local heritage, culture and arts.