Tender for: INSTALLATION OF SOLAR LED CROSSWALKS – Sparwood, BC
The District of Sparwood invites contractors to submit bids for the installation of two (2) solar-powered LED crosswalks at the following locations;
- Along Aspen Drive near Tim Hortons
- On Red Cedar Drive, west side of Centennial Street.
The successful contractor would supply all labour and materials necessary to complete the work and ensure the Solar LED Crosswalks are fully operational.
The Project generally includes, but is not limited to the following;
- Installation of four (4) supplied precast concrete bases at designated locations.
- 2 on the Aspen Drive crosswalk near Tim Hortons;
- 2 on Red Cedar Drive – west side of Centennial Street;
- The District may be available to Hydro-Vac the 4 base locations the week of June 10, 2019. Provide separate optional pricing to dig and dispose of excess material, should this arrangement not work out;
- All BC One Call locates are the responsibility of the successful bidder.
- Installation of supplied galvanized anchor bolts and poles, solar panels, control cabinets, push buttons, LED lights and associated signage (remove and re-use the existing Crosswalk Signs).
- Remove wood signposts and deliver to the Sparwood Public Works Yard.
- Run all wires and make all necessary low voltage electrical connection and programing associated with making the crossing lights operational.
- All work must be completed no later that June 28, 2019, including restoration of each site.
Closing date is May 30, 2019 at 2:00 pm (MDT).
More information can be found on BC Bid regarding this project.
Further inquiries can be directed to:
Danny Dwyer, Director of Engineering, or Terry Fuhlbohm at Phone: 250.425.6830.