The District of Sparwood is inviting applications for the positions of a Group Fitness Instructor(s). Reporting to the Director of Community and Facility Services the successful applicant will be responsible for developing safe and enjoyable fitness classes for various ages and abilities.
The candidate will be able to teach a variety of fitness classes and be willing to work weekends, early mornings, afternoons or evenings.
As a Fitness Instructor, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver safe, effective fitness classes that create a pleasant exercising environment
- Provide a high standard of instruction and service
- Provide participants with encouragement and motivation to achieve their fitness goals
- Present a professional image
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Independent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with participants, public and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort dealing with new people in a fitness environment
- Exceptional ability to assess participants needs and determining modifications if needed
- Ensuring equipment is in good condition and appropriate for the activity
- Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED
We welcome new class ideas, offer flexible scheduling and provide a complementary gym membership.
Be part of a high energy, fun team and apply today!
This position is a non-union contract position and rate of pay is dependent on qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
District of Sparwood
Box 520, 136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood BC, V0B 2G0
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org