The Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) is now taking applications for the Columbia Basin Trust Community Initiatives and Affected Areas Programs.
In the East Kootenay, the Community Initiatives Program funds projects that are identified as priorities within the communities and rural areas of the Regional District of East Kootenay.
The Affected Areas Program is designed to put funds back into the Basin for those communities most affected by dam construction under the Columbia River Treaty. In the East Kootenay, the Program funds projects that meet priorities in communities which lie within 10 km of Lake Koocanusa and include the following:
- Electoral Area B: Jaffray, Galloway, Elko, Baynes Lake, Grasmere, and Newgate
- Portion of Electoral Area C: Wardner, Mayook and Bull River
Proposals are accepted once per year and must be submitted through the Trust’s online application system. You are encouraged to carefully read through the 2021 Application Guide for application information and instructions.
The deadline to submit proposals for the 2021/2022 Program year to the RDEK is 2:00 pm on Monday, January 18, 2021.
For more details, and to apply follow the links below.
- 2021 / 2022 RDEK Community Initiatives and Affected Areas Online Application(External link) (must be completed using this online application process)
- 2021 Application Guide(External link)
- 2021 Pre-Application Worksheet
Further information can be found at https://engage.rdek.bc.ca/cbt