Spring Camp Leaders
Working with the Community and Facility Services Assistant, Spring Camp Leaders will be responsible for providing a fun, safe, and active spring camp program. Leaders will be responsible for organizing and leading a variety of indoor and outdoor programs and activities including sports, crafts, and interactive games. Leaders must be organized, able to adapt games and activities quickly and be able to oversee groups of up to 30 children.
We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals who truly love working with children and are passionate about being involved in our great community. As one of our Spring Camp Leaders you will work with children aged 3 – 12 years, leading our spring camp programs Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Candidates must be 16 years or older and be available from March 22 until April 1, 2021. Mandatory leader training will take place March 17 to 20, 2021.
- Plan and implement fun, safe and structured programs
- Actively facilitate programs and activities
- Lead and teach age appropriate crafts, games, sporting activities
- Supervise children and encourage a positive, inclusive atmosphere
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to work with children and the public in a positive and effective manner
- Experience working with children
- Diverse knowledge of games, crafts and sports
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Energetic and organized
The 2021 hourly wage rate is $17.09/hr.
As part of the interview process, shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a practical portion of the interview at the District of Sparwood Leisure Centre. Qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role may be required to complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by March 8, 2021at 4:00 pm Mountain Time to:
HR & Communications Coordinator
District of Sparwood
Box 520, 136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood BC, V0B 2G0
Email to: email@example.com