Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on Monday, October 1, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood, BC, to consider proposed amendments to the District of Sparwood “Zoning Bylaw No. 264, 1981” and “Business Licence Bylaw No. 849, 2001”.
Zoning Bylaw No. 264, 1981, Amendment Bylaw 1234, 2018 proposes to add:
- definitions for “cannabis”, “cannabis retail store”, “cannabis production facility”, and “public health officer” under Part 1;
- “Cannabis Retail Store” as a permitted use to the C-1 C.B.D Commercial, C-3 Neighbourhood Commercial, and C-4 Comprehensive Commercial zones; limit the maximum number of private cannabis retail stores to one (1), and prohibit cannabis consumption within those stores under Part 4; and
- “Cannabis Production Facility” as a permitted use under in the A-1 Agricultural Land zone, require odour mitigation measures to be implemented, and prohibit cannabis retail stores as an ancillary use to a production facility under Part 9.
Business Licence Bylaw No. 849, 2001, Amendment Bylaw 1236, 2018 proposes to add:
- definitions for “cannabis”, “cannabis retail store”, and “cannabis production facility” under Section 1;
- a new section “Private Cannabis Retail Stores Regulations” to establish the procedure for issuance/renewal of a cannabis retail store licence; the licence inspector’s authority to refuse or suspend a licence, including the appeal process; and operation and security requirements for private cannabis retail stores in Sparwood; and
- a new licence fee of $500.
All persons who believe they may be affected by the above proposed bylaws will be provided with an opportunity to be heard in person at the regular Council meeting on October 1, 2018 and/or by written submission. All written or email submissions should be sent:
- In Person: Drop off written submissions at the reception desk, District Office, 136 Spruce Avenue;
- By Fax: 250.425.7277;
- By Mail: District of Sparwood, Corporate Officer, Box 520, Sparwood BC V0B 2G0; or
- By Email: email@example.com
All submissions must include your name and street address and are considered public information, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The deadline for written submissions is 10:00am on Monday, October 1, 2018. For more information please contact Michelle Martineau, Director of Corporate Services, at 250.425.6271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of the bylaw amendments and staff reports can be viewed at the District Office during regular work hours or online at: