NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Proposal for: LiDAR & Aerial Imagery - Sparwood
Proposals for this project will be received by email, in PDF file format to email@example.com, clearly marked with the name and address of the proponent in the body of the email with the subject line: “REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR: LIDAR & AERIAL IMAGERY- SPARWOOD”, addressed to DANNY DWYER, DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING no later than 13:59:59 (MDT), MONDAY October 23rd, 2017 (the “Closing Deadline”).
The Project includes but is not limited to:
- LiDAR data with a point density equal to or greater than 20 points/m2
- To be completed in the fall of 2017, barring inclement weather
- Vertical accuracy of 10 cm or less.
- Full Feature Classified LiDAR Point Cloud. Bare Earth, low, medium, high vegetation, buildings, power lines in LAS V1.2 or greater.
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM), ASCII or Tiff (x,y,z) 0.5 m grid.
- Digital Surface Model (DSM) representing the elevations of structures and the vegetation.
- Contours in DWG or Shapefile format. 0.5 m minor, 1.0 m basic and 5 m major spacing.
- Optional 3D Footprint of buildings and edge of roads in DWG or Shapefile format.
- Color Aerial imagery to include individual geotiffs & Orthomosaic with GSD of less than 10 cm.
- To be completed in late June or early July of 2018.
- All products produced become the property of the District of Sparwood without any restriction on the future use for any purpose.
- A KMZ file showing the Area of Coverage is located on BC Bid.
- Some Ground Control X, Y, Z has been established in a table and is located on BC Bid. Advise if more are needed and the cost to complete.
- Wherever these minimum standards are not met, provide details of alternatives proposed.
- Include a cost breakdown and schedule to complete the work.
- Evaluation will be based on the quality, cost and time.
- The successful contractor will be given a Purchase Order and be responsible to indemnify the District of Sparwood and supply all labour, materials and equipment to perform the work in a timely manner.
- Payment to the successful contractor will be upon completion and acceptance of the work or component of the work by the District of Sparwood.
- Successful contractor must obtain a Sparwood Business License.
- Provide separate pricing per km2 for additional LiDAR and photography of a similar area 26 km2 within 35 km (This pricing should identify the reduced flight costs if shared and may or may not be used in the evaluation.)
Although the District of Sparwood fully intends to proceed with the complete project through this Request for Proposal process, the District of Sparwood is under no obligation to award a contract or to proceed and reserves the right to terminate the Proposal process at any time.
No compensation will be paid to contractors preparing Proposals for this project.
As it is the purpose of the District to obtain a Proposals most suitable to the interests of the District of Sparwood, the District has the right to waive any irregularity or insufficiency in a Proposals submitted and to accept the Proposals which is deemed most favorable to the interest of the District of Sparwood.
All information and attachments and addendums will be posted BC Bid.
Proposals received on this project will be received in confidence.
Inquiries regarding this Project shall be directed to:
Danny Dwyer, Director of Engineering, or Terry Fuhlbohm at Phone: 250.425.6830.